Sewinguru are extremely proud to be able to offer one prospective student a $1,500 university or college scholarship towards the costs of the course. Currently our 2017 scholarship is only available for students based within the United States who are pursuing an undergraduate or master’s degree.
The only prerequisites to applying for our fund is having previous experience in completing a large sewing project and having creative writing skills. These funds are particularly targeted towards prospective students who are applying (or have been recently accepted) to a course within fashion or the performing arts. However, applicants from all degree courses will be considered for the scholarship.
Sewinguru is a website specifically focused upon the art of sewing, it is designed to provide useful information to seamstresses across the world. Our website is aimed at helping people who are keen to learn about sewing and also people who are looking to take the next step in their professional career. We provide reviews of the best sewing machines, best sewing machines for beginners, best sewing machines for kids and for a wide range of other purposes too.
- In order to be considered for the Sewinguru Scholarship, you must write a 1,000 word essay on the following topic; “My most challenging sewing projects”.
- Your have complete creative freedom with this article, however we would like to hear about your own personal experiences of sewing large projects.
- All essays will be checked for plagiarism and so they must be entirely your own work.
- The winner of the Sewinguru 2017 Scholarship will have their essay displayed on our website.
- The $1,500 funds are to be solely used towards university or college expenses.
- All applicants must be enrolled, or applying to, universities or colleges situated within the United States.
- Applicants are restricted to one entry.
How To Apply
Following the successful completion of your 1,000 word essay, please convert it into a PDF format and submit your entry to the following email address; email@example.com.
Please also provide the following information within your PDF file;
- Your Full Name.
- Your Email Address.
- Your University/College.
- Your Degree Course.
- Deadline: November 30th, 2017
- Announcement: December 31st, 2017
- Sewinguru Publication: Before January 31st, 2018